What is Election Protection?
The national, nonpartisan Election Protection coalition works year-round to ensure that all voters have an equal opportunity to vote and have that vote count. Made up of more than 200 local, state and national partners, Election Protection uses a wide range of tools and activities to protect, advance, and defend the right to vote.
- Vote-by-mail: More people should have the option to vote by mail. Voting by mail is tried and tested and is a safe process. Mail ballots have checks and balances built into the process to ensure security and accuracy. Mail ballots are unique to the individual voter, with specific barcodes.
- Voting in-person: In addition to expanding vote-by-mail and early voting, voters in all 50 states have the option and right to vote in-person. Voters should be able to vote the way they feel most comfortable and safe: by mail or in person.
- Early voting: Voters should have more options to make their voice heard. Early voting helps ensure more people can securely participate in the political process and make their voice heard, while also cutting down on long lines and too many voters in one polling place at one time.
- Responding to claims of voter fraud: Re-frame the conversation; do not engage directly with claims/terminology of voter fraud. Instead, focus on how our elections are secure and the integrity of our elections is strong.
- Felon disenfranchisement: Millions of Americans are excluded from our democratic process on the basis of criminal disenfranchisement laws. These laws strip voting rights from people with past criminal convictions. Those who have served their time deserve the right to vote.
*Posts/tweets can be shared with relevant graphics below
- Call 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) with any voting questions or issues today. #YourVoteYourVoice
- Call or text 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) to get voting help now. Trained, non-partisan #ElectionProtection volunteers are on standby ready to help. #ProtectOurVote
- Call 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) if you think you’re experiencing voter suppression or intimidation while trying to cast your ballot. #ProtectOurVote
- Do you have your plan to vote? Make sure you know your rights, stay in line if you’re there when polls close, and call 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) or go to 866ourvote.org if you run into any issues. #DefendingDemocracy
- The fight against voter suppression is the fight of our lives. #ElectionProtection will help you resist and overcome any attempts to suppress your vote. If you experience voter suppression, immediately call @866OURVOTE (866-687-8683) or go to 866ourvote.org. #ProtectOurVote
- Voters, call the Election Protection hotline at 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) with any voting questions or issues. Learn more about language access hotlines in Arabic, Spanish, and Asian languages.
- Call @AAIUSA’s hotline for voting help in Arabic. Call 844-YALLA-US (844-925-5287) for assistance. #YallaVote. Learn more: https://www.aaiusa.org/yalla_vote
- Call @NALEO’s hotline for help in Spanish. Call 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682) for assistance. #VeYVota. Learn more: https://naleo.org/vote/
- Call @APIAVote and @AAAJ_AAJC’s Asian language hotline at 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683) for assistance. Learn more: https://advancingjustice-aajc.org/hotline
- #CheckYourReg (campaign by Verified Voting)
- #ANDSTILLIVOTE (campaign by The Leadership Conference)
- #VeYVota (NALEO)
- #YallaVote (Arab American Institute)