FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 6, 2018Toll-Free Hotline (866-OUR-VOTE) Available Now; Live Assistance on Primary Election DayWASHINGTON, D.C. – Election Protection, the nation’s largest nonpartisan voter protection coalition led by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, in conjunction with our partner the Advancement Project, will provide assistance for voters in Missouri during the August 7 Primary Day Elections.Voter hotlines will be answered live 7 am until 9 pm EDT. Election Protection volunteers can assist voters with issues, problems, or questions that arise during the voting process.The Election Protection hotlines are:
- 866-OUR-VOTE (English) – administered by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- 888-Ve-Y-Vota (Spanish/English) – administered by the NALEO Educational Fund
- 888-API-VOTE (multiple Asian languages/English) – administered by APIAVote & Asian Americans Advancing Justice-AAJC
- 844-Yalla-US (Arabic/English) – administered by the Arab American Institute.
“The Election Protection 866-OUR-VOTE hotline is a resource for all registered voters who face problems registering or voting, seek to report complaints, or otherwise need information to meaningfully participate in elections in their community,” said Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. “Election Protection stands ready to help ensure that everyone has the opportunity to exercise the fundamental right to vote,”Important Information for Missouri Voters
- Polling Hours: Polling hours are 6 AM to 7 PM CDT.
- Early voting ends on August 6, 2018 at 5 PM CDT.
- Check voter registration, poll location and hours at Missouri’s Voting Center page at https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri.
Election Protection works year-round to help all American voters, including traditionally disenfranchised groups, gain access to the polls and overcome obstacles to voting. Election Protection utilizes field monitors and voter education, and it relies on an expansive network of national partners and state advocates to respond to voters’ questions and concerns.